Global Volcanism Program | Image GVP-04231
A geothermal area is seen here on the Miravalles SW flank in 1988. The edifice is one of five post-caldera cones constructed within the Pleistocene Guayabo caldera. Lava flows cover the W and SW flanks. A small steam explosion was reported in 1946 and a producing geothermal field is located within the caldera.
Photo by William Melson, 1988 (Smithsonian Institution)
This image is made available under the Public Domain Dedication CC0 license, but proper attribution is appreciated.