Global Volcanism Program | Image GVP-05544
The small lava dome on the floor of the crater in the foreground was emplaced late in the 1870-75 eruption of Ceboruco. Levees of a lava flow that traveled 6.5 km down the west flank are higher than this crater, indicating that the main 1870 vent that fed the flows was probably located above the dome. The ridge to the upper right is the NW rim of the outer caldera.
Photo by Lee Siebert, 1997 (Smithsonian Institution).